Spring has arrived and is now in full swing. Even if you don’t have any grand spring break plans in mind, now is the right time to start making plans for your vehicle. Spring may not have the tricky road conditions associated with winter or the intense heat of the summer, but the start of every season should be taken as an opportunity to make sure your car is well-maintained.
As drivers in the Albuquerque area may already know, Quic Transmission is all about helping your car stay healthy and run smoothly. In this month’s blog, we hope to give you some guidance on what needs to be done to get your vehicle spring ready.
1. Refill Your Fluids. After a long winter, chances are your car is due for an oil change, but don’t stop there! Make sure all of your vehicle’s fluids are where they need to be. Take a look at your coolant, power steering, transmission, and brake fluids during your next service visit.
2. Replace Your Wiper Blades. Never underestimate the importance of a clear windshield. Spring is the season of rain, but even if you won’t be seeing much wet weather, it’s important to have quality blades and freshly topped off wiper fluid to clear away any dust and debris that might find its way on to your windshield.
3. Give Your Car a Full Cleaning. We all know that spring is the season to clean, so why not include your car on your spring cleaning list? Make sure to give your car a good, thorough cleaning from the inside out. De-clutter that glove compartment, empty out extra items in your trunk, and trash anything that may be hanging around your backseat. Once you’ve gotten rid of those extra items, take the time to wash and wax your car, because after a long winter your vehicle’s paint will be in desperate need of a nice coat of wax.
4. Replace Your Cabin Filter. While we’re still focusing on your vehicle’s interior, remember that spring is also allergy season, so you might want to consider changing that cabin filter and cleaning off dusty air vents. A quality filter can help eliminate dust and keep allergens from making their way into your vehicle, so if you’re due for a change, make sure to get it done!
5. Take Care of Your Wheels. Winter roads can be rough on your car, especially if you did a lot of traveling during the holidays. Give your tires the attention they need to ensure they’re ready for the coming months. Pull out your spare change and give your tires the penny test to ensure the treading on your wheels aren’t too low. And if your ride has been pulling to one side during your daily commute, set an appointment to get them properly aligned. Finally, don’t forget to check the tire pressure on all five wheels. Yes, we said five, because your spare tire needs to be properly inflated as well.
6. Check Your Headlights. The days may be longer during this time of year, but you still need to test out your headlights. All of that driving on dark roads have likely made an impact on your headlights, so test them out to make sure they’re shining their brightest.
Now that you know what jobs to tackle this spring, it’s time to roll up your sleeves and get to work. If you live in Albuquerque, make sure to call 505-271-8000 and schedule your next service visit with the Quic Transmission team. We’ll help you cross off a few items on your checklist and give you suggestions on how to get your car ready to face the miles ahead. And check out the rest of our blog for additional money-saving tips & tricks! https://quictrans.com/